Most Porsche models come equipped with four- or six-cylinder engines. When it comes to engines, there are many working parts. Engines house the crankshaft, which converts the motion of the pistons. The pistons pressurize fuel and oxygen levels, while the spark plugs combust the mix. The oil pan holds motor oil. The oil keeps the engine cool and helps lubricate its parts.
What are the Signs of a Failing Engine?
Like other parts of your Porsche vehicle over time, your engine may begin to experience problems. Listed below are some common engine problems you can identify:
- A check engine light on the dash
- A cracked engine block
- Damaged rings, pistons, or cylinders
- Broken or worn-down rods
- Poor compression
If you come across any of these signs, be sure to perform a vehicle inspection as soon as you can.
Order the Porsche Engine Parts You Need Online Today
Here at Porsche Parts Depot, we have everything you need to make your engine run at its best. We sell only sell quality OEM parts, which Porsche makes. These parts are designed to work with the model you drive. Place an order for OEM engine parts now, and we will ship them directly to your front door.
No results found for "engine, piston, valve, valve cover, camshaft". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!